What is happening in Pakistan?
Pakistan has suffered widespread destruction caused by flooding from unprecedented monsoon rains. A third of the country is now under water, affecting at least 33 million people. Over 1,000 lives have been lost, with more than 1,500 injured.
How MSF is responding to this crisis
- Setting up mobile clinics, providing primary healthcare and healthcare promotion.
- Treating patients with respiratory infections, fever, skin diseases and diarrhoea.
- Providing safe drinking water by setting up water points.
- Distributing essential items like mosquito nets, soap and cooking utensils.
- Assessing further needs and preparing to deliver emergency support.